Thank you for your interest in working for Binghamton University Dining Services! To qualify for student employment, you must be attending Binghamton University on a full-time basis. Please apply ONLY to the Student Worker positions (all other positions posted do not have flexible hours and will not work around class schedules, therefore, students are not eligible). Depending on the amount of applications we have on file, Student Worker positions may not always be posted.
Please follow this link http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/201516717 to apply. We do not accept paper resumes or applications.
*Only one (1) application per person is allowed each semester. Multiple applications will result in delayed processing and may further result in the declining of all applications.
Student Employee Perks
- Student Management opportunities
- Student Shirts provided*
- Scholarship opportunities
- Textbook reimbursement
- FREE local bus transportation
- FREE meal for every shift*
- Direct Deposit
- On the job training!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for growth
- Employee appreciation highlights/events
*Restrictions apply, ask for more details
Once you submit your online application, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. We will contact you by phone or e-mail if there is a next step in the process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive every semester, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. You may review and update your profile at any time.
Campus Internship Program
Binghamton University Dining Services is pleased to offer marketing internships at Binghamton! Students will learn integrated marketing techniques and assist the management team in engaging the student body. Marketing intern positions allow students the opportunity to put their studies into practical applications.
Limited positions are available for the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Marketing Interns primary role is to support strategy, implement tactics, and track the achievement of 3 key pillars:
- Increasing profitable sales growth year-over-year
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Ensure client retention
The daily activities of the Marketing Interns are the implementation, tracking, and reporting of marketing initiatives in alignment with the above 3 pillars. These responsibilities include:
- Support of creating exceptional student experiences positioning through a keen understanding of how to leverage marketing tactics at each touch point of the consumer journey
- Support implementation and tracking of strategic business plan tactical marketing action plan
- Implement the contents of the campus marketing promotions kit
- Support the Better Tomorrow Plan initiatives through marketing, promotion, and communication
- Assist with the creation and implementation of all communication collateral, print, web, social media, etc
- Monitor campus websites and social media outlets to ensure compliance and up-to-date information
- Assist with communication, promotion, implementation, and tracking of all account level research to include bi-annual customer satisfaction surveys, focus groups, customer segmentation processes, food preference surveys, and customer account analysis in tandem with Senior Management and Area Marketing Coordinator
Providing quality service is at the heart of our business. Hiring the most qualified candidates to provide service to our clients will ensure a long-lasting partnership between Sodexo and Binghamton University. One of the most important things we do is hire the right people for the right jobs. When we fill a vacant position, we want to select the best qualified candidate for that position. We collect a lot of information about the candidates’ education, experience, and competencies. Our job is to put all of this information together and to make a well-informed decision about which candidate is the best qualified. Simply put, the “best qualified” candidate is the candidate who we believe, after careful consideration of the information collected during the hiring process, has the best mix of skills and abilities to be successful in the position.
Diversity and inclusion, sustainability, wellness and fighting hunger are fundamental to Sodexo’s commitment to making every day a better day for us all. We are known throughout our industry as a top employer of talented individuals, and are proud of our track record in providing a highly rewarding work environment, with opportunities for professional and personal development, and career growth.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/201516717 for assistance.
For job fair information and questions about the advantages of working for Binghamton University Dining Services, please contact Hiring Coordinator Tracy Dixon at 607-777-2976.