2016 - 2017 Resident Meal Plans
How It Works
Binghamton University meal plans provide the ultimate in convenience and flexibility. With your meal plan, you have the freedom to dine anywhere on campus, anytime you want. All resident students are required by the University to purchase a resident dining meal plan, with
the exception of guests in Hillside and Susquehanna apartments.
It works just like a debit card. Each time you purchase a meal at one of the dining locations on campus, the amount is deducted from your account balance. Dining Dollars are yours to spend when and where you want.
The cost of your meal plan is made up of two components:
- Dining Dollars - The amount that can be spent on your food purchases. This differs based on the meal plan you choose. Since the membership fee covers all non-food costs, you receive a significant discount on every meal purchased at any one of the four community dining rooms. For example, a slice of NY-style pizza in Hinman Dining Center costs a meal plan holder just $0.83!* Retail pricing applies to all other venues on campus.
- Membership Fee - This covers the non-food costs associated with operating your four (4) community dining rooms (Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center, Appalachian Collegiate Center, College-in-the-Woods Dining Center, and Hinman Dining Center). This
includes labor, supplies, maintenance, utilities, and paper.
Resident Meal Plan Benefits
- Flexibility of choosing a meal plan size that reflects your unique eating habits. Unlike traditional meal plans, there are no lost meals, no limits on how often or when you can dine, as long as there are available funds on the meal plan. You can eat twice a day or eight times a day, you can spend $5 per day or $25 per day ... it's your choice.
- Convenience of using one card for all campus dining purchases. Your student ID card is your ticket to eat when and how you want!
- When you buy your meals and snacks with your meal plan, you pay no sales tax!
- Enjoy different types of dining experiences. Your dining program allows you the freedom to eat in the community dining rooms, a sit-down restaurant, cafés, convenience stores and our new MarketPlace.
- Food to fit your mood and lifestyle including vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, gluten-free as well as healthy & balanced meal options.
- Rollover! If you have any unspent Dining Dollars at the end of a semester, you can roll the balance over as long as you maintain a meal plan in the new semester. You can continue to rollover the balance until you have a break in enrollment (such as graduation), even if you move off campus!
- Ability to add more money to your plan anytime, anywhere (i.e. in person at Meal Plan Office, by phone or online)
One of the biggest benefits of having a meal plan is receiving a significant discount in the community dining rooms on campus. With a meal plan, you have increased buying power while maintaining the flexibility to eat at any dining venue on campus. The sample price comparison below shows the benefits to you:
|Menu Item||Community Dining Room Price||Retail Price (Location)|
|Tomato Soup||$0.27||$1.99 (New York Street Deli)|
|Chicken Fingers||$1.85||$5.99 (Tully's University)|
*Prices are based on Spring 2016 and are subject to changing market conditions.